Chris and Victor returned to fish with us again in Port Blair along with their buddy Shayne to form the group. The last time Chris was here he just missed out on his top water Dogtooth Tuna and this was once again top of his bucket list. The guys have all landed huge GTs in Southern Oman but enjoy the species, variety and the action that the Andaman Islands offer along with quality fish.
Being veterans the guys knew exactly what tackle to bring and this was quickly rigged up with the excitement growing as we discussed tactics and the planned for the week. The plan was made to fish further if the weather gave us the window of opportunity, and it did.
This trip saw us fishing spots different from our regular places and changing tactics to target quality fish.
The trip had all the highs and lows of a fishing trip to remember with some insane fishing sessions and some heartbreaks as well, here goes:
- Chris got his top water dogtooth as the first fish of day 3
- We had a number of triple hook ups to keep the guys happy
- Shane had 3 new species on top water
- Chris was the undisputed master of landing red bass he got 7 on this trip and fair sized ones too
- Victor on one incredible jigging drift made the OBX 300 jigging rod contort but it lasted to land a very good GT
- Chris lost 6 (expensive) lures and was very unlucky with hook pulls and line breaks on some really nice fish.
We had a great time fishing with the guys and we’re looking forward to seeing them again in the near future.
GT, Dogtooth, Yellowfin Tuna, Grouper, Red Bass, Jobfish, Barracuda, Bludger Trevally
Rods Capenter, Hots and FC Labo Saltywater Tackle OBX jigging rods
Reels Shimano Stella’s and Daiwa Saltigas
Lures Craftbait, Carpenter, FC Labo, Cubera